Independence Day Safety Tips
Independence Day is one of America’s biggest holidays where usually, everyone takes the day or night off. The most popular events are barbecues, fireworks, or a trip to the park or beach. It is one of people’s favorite holidays but it can also be hazardous and it is also important to stay safe while having fun.
Here are some tips for the most common activities on July Fourth to remember:
- Always follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Keep a bucket of water or a hose nearby.
- Never attempt to relight a firework if it does not go off
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets.
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place away from children and pets.
- Never throw or point a firework toward people, animals, vehicles, or structures.
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Keep a safe distance.
- Always watch over a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never grill in any enclosed area like in your house, camper or tent.
- Make sure everyone, including the pets, don’t get too close to the grill.
- Keep the grill out in the open and away from anything that could catch fire.
- Use the long-handled tools made for cooking to avoid burns.
- Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited.
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Fourth of July! If fire or smoke damage does occur, please call SERVPRO of Alhambra at (626)283-5875 and we will assess the damage and take care of everything for you.