Mold Process 101
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. A SERVPRO representative will start by asking you a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel to assist you with your property.
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment -- We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold and possible moisture. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view.
- Mold Containment - Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
- Air Filtration - Our specialized filtration equipment allows our Professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Material - The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
- Cleaning Contents and Belonging - We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and deodorization using fogging equipment.
- Reconstruction -- Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Reconstruction may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The reconstruction step gets your home or business back to normal.
- Test for indoor air quality – After the restoration process, SERVPRO or you will hire an Indoor Air Quality and Environmental Professional to evaluate the quality of the air inside the structure. Using various testing devices, these professionals will collect air and surface samples to compare the indoor mold spore count to the outdoor environment.
SERVPRO of Alhambra cares about the proper restoration of your property. In most cases, excessive mold growth will not be a problem for our franchise professional and we can safely restore your building to its original condition. Don’t let the mold continue to go, call SERVPRO of Alhambra today at 626-283-5875.