Understanding a Water Damage
When water damage hits your property it can feel stressful and confusing. Our staff is here to help you understand what needs to be done to bring your property back to a safe and clean state. We are happy to walk you through each step of the process.
Typical Water Damage Process:
- Intake - Here’s where we ask you all the questions related to your property and water damage. Contact info, Insurance claim number, cause of loss, affected areas and any other important information
- Scheduling - During intake we schedule an initial appointment with you based on your availability. Our goal is to arrive at an emergency situation within one hour of your phone call.
- Inspection/Arrival Date - When the loss is an emergency, our crew will extract water and clean up affected areas immediately. We will assess the damages starting from the cause of loss. We will take moisture readings, photos and measurements of all affected areas and document the scope of work to be performed.
- Insurance Approval - We take all the information gathered during the initial visit and send it to your insurance for coverage confirmation and approval to proceed.
- Demolition (if necessary) - When demolition is required, we gain approval first and schedule a crew to perform the removal of affected and damaged material
- Dry Out - Upon completion of demolition, equipment is reset to dry out the framing materials of your property.
- Completion - Once all materials have reached a drying goal, we do a final clean up of the areas, pick up equipment and document the moisture readings. We gather that information again and provide everything to your insurance for final billing.