Tornado's strike six different states in America in December. This was such a horrible experience for people in Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee. With this happening so recently we would like to provide you some ways to stay as safe as possible in the event another one occurs.
- MAKE A SAFETY PLAN
- Find a safe place to hide out during the storm: Stay away from being inside of your car, go to the lowest part of your home such as a basement or closet with no windows.
- Stay clear of windows - you want to fully avoids all windows at all costs, they will be the frist thing to break and bring in the tornado.
- Put on shoes and a helmet if possible - always have your shoes on already and if you have a helmet, put it on.
- Plan for your pets - you can put your pets in their carrier or on a leash and keep them with you at all times.
- Do not leave your home - if you are already home during a tornado do not try to leave and out run the tornado.
For more tornado safety visit: https://weather.com/safety/tornado/news/tornado-safety-tips