Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Here are some Water Damage tips!
Usually after experiencing water damage, you should make sure to prioritize safety.
Some tips for that is to make sure that it is safe to stay in the property since electrical and slipping hazards are prevalent concerns! If you see that it is safe after a flooding, remove excess water by mopping and blotting and wiping it from wood furniture. Removing anything that could be damaged by the flood to a safe and dry place will also help with the process as well. You should also turn air conditioning on for drying in the summer before SERVPRO arrives to assess the damage!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (626) 283-5875
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.